15 golden tips to help recovering coronavirus patients
The things you MUST do after recovering from coronavirus, well summarized by Dr. Pooja Dash, beautifully penned down, can be easily understood by a common layman.
Dos n Don’ts in short n simple words :
After acute COVID19 illness,recovered patients may continue to report wide variety of signs n symptoms including fatigue, bodyache, cough,sorethroat, difficulty in breathing, etc
1. Continue COVID appropriate behaviour (use of mask, hand & respiratory_hygiene, physical_distancing).
2. Drink adequate amount of luke warm water
3. Take immunity_promoting_medicine after consulting ur physician…any ayush_practitioner might help you out in this.
4. If health permits, regular household work to be done. Professional work to be resumed in graded manner.
5. Practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and Meditation, as much as health permits , Breathing_exercises as prescribed by physician,morning or evening walk.
6. Balanced_nutritious_diet, preferably easy to digest freshly cooked soft diet. Have adequate sleep and rest.
7. Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol (jaan hai to jahan hai boss!)
8. Take regular medications as advised for COVID and also for managing comorbidities (if any)
9. Self_health_monitoring at home – temperature, BP, blood sugar (especially, if diabetic), pulse oximetry etc.
10. If there is persistent dry cough / sore throat, do saline gargles and take steam inhalation. Kadha with herbs added being my personal favourite.
11. Look for early warning signs like high grade fever, #breathlessness, Sp02 < 95%, unexplained chest pain, new onset of confusion, focal weakness and inform your physician asap.
12. Seek Psycho_social support from peers, community health workers, counsellor.
13. First followup visit (physical/telephonic) should be within 7 days after discharge, preferably at the hospital wher e he/she underwent treatment.
14 .The patients who had undergone home isolation, with complains of persisting symptoms ..shall visit the nearest health care facility.
15. Most imp of all…Recovered ones should share their positive experiences with their dear ones n SM, using community leaders, religious leaders for creating awareness, dispelling myths and stigma, positivity helps !!